Epic Patagonia Photography Workshop and Tour 2022
Argentina and Chile
January 30 – February 10 and February 13 – 24, 2022
Patagonia Photography Workshop Details
INSTRUCTOR: Richard Bernabe
PLACE: Meeting place is Calafate, Argentina. Locations include Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina and Torres del Paine National Park in Chile.
DATES: January 30 – February 10 and February 13 – 24, 2022
COST: $6995 double occupancy. $1000 single supplement.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Mostly easy with one optional strenuous hike.
RECOMMENDED READING: Patagonia, Our Amazing Planet a FREE e-book by Richard Bernabe.
Nothing quickens the pulse like a swift and sudden sunrise, the first tint of gold on ancient stone sentinels, and the sound of distant avalanches crashing down icy slopes. The scenery of Patagonia is otherworldly, with stunning mountains piercing the heavens, a massive ice field spawning hundreds of glaciers, and deep mountain lakes filled with cold clean water as blue as the sky.
Eternal Patagonia seems to never change, but no one who visits ever stays the same. The mountains and glaciers are some of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring, and dramatic in all the world. It’s a true bucket list destination. This will be Richard’s 13th trip to Patagonia so he knows this area as well as any photographer in the world.
Patagonia Photography Workshop Itinerary
Day 1 – Participants arrive in El Calafate, Argentina. We have a short introductory meeting, and head out for dinner as a group.
Day 2 – We travel by private bus to the world-famous Perito Moreno Glacier. This immense wall of ice will blow your senses. We’ll spend the afternoon hoping to catch shots of giant blocks of ice calving off the glacier.
Day 3 through Day 6 – On Day 3 we transfer via private bus to El Chalten, Argentina. After arriving in the late morning, we check into our hotel. We stay in the El Chalten area for several days, visiting several stunning locations with scenic views of Fitz Roy, Cerro Torre, and other scenic attractions including waterfalls and a deep desert canyon.
Day 7 through Day 11 – After the morning shoot in Chalten on Day 7, we travel to Torres del Paine in Chile. Our hotel is located in the heart of this beautiful scenic area. We’ll shooting stunning scenery and wildlife. After the sunrise shoot on Day 11, we transfer back to El Calafate, Argentina. After having dinner as a group, we officially conclude the workshop.
Day 12 – Participants depart on international flights.
This itinerary is subject to change based on local conditions. In addition, we will try to be as flexible as possible in order to have the best photo opportunities during the trip.
- Patagonia, a land of jagged peaks, towering blue glaciers, and wind-swept plains, is one of the most breathtaking places on the planet. The mountains of the Southern Andes are among the world’s most inspiring and dramatic.
- The world famous Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Chalten and Los Glacieres National Park, Argentina, home to Fitz Roy and the Southern Patagonian Ice Field .
- The awe-inspiring mountain peaks of Torres del Paine National Park in Chile.
- Guanacos, condors, and an assortment of other wildlife and birds. A rare chance to see the elusive puma.
- Professional guiding and hands-on photography instruction.
- Lightroom and Photoshop instruction
- Double occupancy lodging (single supplement $1000) and breakfasts.
- Local transportation during workshop.
- Entrance fees to National Parks, guide fees, guide tips,
What’s Not Included
- International flights to and from Calafate, Argentina (FTE) and airport transfers.
- Dinners and lunches.
- Trip Insurance (recommended).
Final payment is due 90 days before the tour starts. To cancel after final payment has been made, 25% refund (minus initial deposit) between 90 and 30 days. No refund within 30 days. If we can find another customer to take your place, we will give you a 100% refund (minus your initial deposit).
To register, or if you have any questions, please email our logistics manager for the Patagonia Photography Workshop and Tour 2022, Daniel Portal (firstname.lastname@example.org).